Babywearing International has a great collection of photo and video resources on their website, found here.
BWI of Southeastern PA has a YouTube channel - we are uploading new videos all the time so check back frequently!
General information about babywearing, safety, correct positioning, and choosing a carrier:
Babywearing International - The homepage of our parent organization, this site also has links to safety information and the basics of choosing a carrier.
Becoming Mamas Babywearing Guide - A very thorough and helpful babywearing guide written by an experienced babywearer and Volunteer Babywearing Educator for BWI of the Triangle (NC). This is a great place to start if you're new to the world of babywearing or want help deciding on a carrier. This blog also has separate pages for each carrier style.
Newborn Safety Basics Video - Everyone wearing a baby 4 months and under should start here! This video was done by the author of Becoming Mama's Babywearing Guide.
The Babywearer - This site has general babywearing information, vendor and product reviews, and a very active forum.
Benefits of Babywearing - List of peer reviewed articles and scientific research documenting benefits of babywearing.
Sling Guide - A UK based site about babywearing, safety and positioning, and the different types of slings and carriers available.
Sleeping Baby Productions's guide to sling safety - Jan Andrea, a well-respected sling maker and officer for BWI, explains what differentiates a safe from an unsafe sling and how to safely position your baby in a sling.
Wrap Your Baby's website and blog - There are many linked pages through both of these resources containing a lot of great information, tutorials, and tips for babywearing using different carrier styles and in different situations.
The Babywearer's article on correct positioning - Positioning tips and pictures for different carrier styles. While most educators recommend an upright carry in all slings and carriers (because it is easier to protect an infant's airway when she is upright), this article also shows how to do a safer cradle carry.
Hip Health in Baby Carriers, Seats, and Other Equipment - Positioning tips from the International Hip Displasia Institute
A complete list of videos broken down by carrier style can be found in our Safety Information and Video Links document (if you are looking for something specific and can't find it, our Facebook group is a great place to ask questions). Here are a few you may find especially helpful:
- A BWISEPA Volunteer Babywearing Educator shares her tips for using a woven wrap with a newborn in this video.
- Sleeping Baby Productions has several ring sling videos in her Facebook videos album. They include a good video for positioning a newborn and troubleshooting if your baby is getting red marks on his/her legs from the bottom rail of the sling.
- This video demonstrates the basics of using a mei tai with a newborn or young infant.
- The Ergo is one of the most widely available buckle carriers and one that is frequently asked about by new parents at meetings. Here is Ergobaby's video for how to use the infant insert with the Ergobaby Carrier.
- Frogmama's YouTube channel has many different mei tai and soft structured carrier videos.
- If you have a K'Tan and a newborn or infant, you might find BWISEPA's video of how to use it in an upright, legs out carry helpful.
Here are some of our favorite YouTube channels for using a woven wrap:
We have also taken the time to organize a chart of different woven wrap carries, organized by position (front, hip, and back). There is a link to at least one video for each carry.
This section is currently under construction, but we know that many of our members are interested in DIY tutorials and resources. Until we can compile our own list, here's a list that Christi Bedell, a VBE from a different chapter, was gracious enough to share.